The Worksite Medical Advantage
- State-of-the-art mobile units
- Standalone Clinics in Ellwood City, PA and Belcamp, MD*
- Medical technicians highly trained in Qualitative and Quantitative Fit Testing
- Ensure tight, proper respirator fits
- All of your medical surveillance testing done in one place at one time!
What is a Respirator Fit Test?
- Used to ensure that an employee’s facepiece repirator fits tightly and properly (two types)
- 1) Qualitative Fit Test – a non-numeric pass/fail test that relies on the employee’s sense of taste or smell, or his/her reaction to a substance (test agent) in order to detect leakage into the respirator facepiece.
- 2) Quantitative Fit Test – utilizes a machine to measure the amount of leakage into the facepiece, instead of relying on senses.
OSHA Regulation 29 CFR 1910.134(f)(2)
The employer shall ensure that an employee using a tight-fitting facepiece respirator is fit tested prior to initial use of the respirator, whenever a different respirator facepiece (size, style, model or make) is used, and at least annually thereafter.
“Worksite Medical was very flexible with our scheduling needs and did a great job of getting everyone though the respiratory testing.”