The Worksite Medical Advantage
- State-of-the-art mobile units
- Standalone Clinics in Ellwood City, PA and Belcamp, MD
- Highly trained medical technicians
- Onsite, OSHA-compliant baseline physical examinations
- All of your medical surveillance testing done in one place at one time!
What is an EKG?
An EKG measures timing intervals of a heartbeat, as well as the amount of electrical activity that passes through the heart muscle. This information allows physicians to see how long electrical waves take to travel between different parts of the heart. It also allows them to know if the heart is enlarged or overworked.
- Defects or abnormalities of the heart’s physical build
- Clogging of the heart’s blood supply
- Signs of a heart attack or heart disease
- Rhythmic abnormalities
Heart Disease and Stroke cost the United States $316 billion each year in lost productivity and healthcare expenses. Also, it’s projected that the total cost of cardiovascular disease will exceed $1-trillion by 2030 in the U.S. An EKG alone may not detect heart disease, thus Worksite Medical performs this test in conjunction with an OSHA-required basic physical exam. It’s also conducted during annual corporate wellness events.
It worked very well for us and did not take away from our production time. Things moved smoothly with no known problems. Worksite Medical worked well with our employees, and were very professional and courteous.