The Worksite Medical Advantage
- State-of-the-art mobile units
- Standalone Clinics in Ellwood City, PA and Belcamp, MD
- Highly trained medical technicians
- OSHA-compliant Asbestos Physical standards
- All of your medical surveillance testing done in one place at one time!
What is an Asbestos Physical?
OSHA Standard 29 CFR 1910.1001
Employers are required to institute a medical surveillance program for all employees exposed to airborne concentrations of asbestos at or above the permissible exposure limit (PEL) or excursion limit (EL). The full OSHA asbestos physical must be performed by or under the supervision of a licensed physician. Furthermore, the physical must be made available annually with the exception of the chest x-ray, which is conducted every five years within the first ten years of exposure. After ten years, the frequency of the x-ray depends on the age of the employee. Employers must also keep accurate records of exposure measurements for at least 30 years.
Human Resources Manager
The results came quickly and were easy to understand. The staff is very knowledgeable and helpful.